DaBrotha is me, Abdul Muhammad. People generally describe me as a renaissance man. I’m a husband, father, musician, teacher, trainer, coach, entrepreneur, marketer, travel junkie, coffee snob, and all around wearer of many hats. My wife and I enjoy traveling as often as possible, collecting peak experiences and building great memories with our family and friends. And just like the rest of you, I’m on this planet trying to find more and more ways to live out my purpose and live a life of meaning.
My purpose in life is to inspire people to live inspiring lives. Here are a few of the hats I wear in my life.
- Musician: I am a singer/songwriter/producer. I was the lead singer in an R&B band in the ’90’s and still continue to write and produce my own music from time to time. I co-wrote and co-produced the live worship album The Glory of a Life released in 2008. I’ve produced albums and EP’s for local and regional artists and poets. I’ve also served as a worship leader for my local church.
- Business: Founder & Principal Consultant at Monarch Consulting;
- We provide Management, Marketing, Business Development, Leadership Team and HR Consulting to small and medium sized businesses and non profit organizations.
- We help entrepreneurs with idea generation and micro-business creation.
- We consult, train and provide technical assistance to Child Welfare Professionals and families on teaching clinical intervention strategies to improve family dynamics and child behavior.
Community: I’ve been a Child Welfare professional, family behavioral coach, and community activist on a variety of issues impacting families at the local, state, and national level.
As an activist and connector, I’ve used a lifetime of knowledge of family systems and issues to help lead major redesigns in how family services are delivered to victims of abuse and neglect. My work in this area has resulted in significant reductions in racially disparate treatment of children in Iowa’s child welfare system.
My wife are professional parent educators and family consultants who inspire families to be transformed into better leaders and teachers of their children.
Ministry: I’ve served as a bible teacher and worship leader in several different contexts from a small Christian community of house churches to larger, more mainline churches.